Top Art & Fashion designing Colleges in Mumbai
If you have a creative bent of mind and want to carve a niche in the fashion industry art and fashion designing course is meant for you. The course is all about creating original garments, luggage, footwear and jewelleries etc. It is a study of changing trends in the market and the fashion industry.
What Basic Qualities do you need?
Creativity and good imagination power is the prerequisite. Apart from that students should have a basic awareness of the prevalent trends in the market. To have an in-depth inclination and awareness of the fashion industry both in the cultural as well as social context for a better understanding of work culture. This is the department that places emphasis and much value on the industry.
If you have completed 10+2 or its equivalent exam from any stream and have 50% in aggregate you are eligible for applying to the UG courses and complete 3 years of Fashion designing course.
What all an Undergraduate Course Cover?
The duration of the course is 3 years and it is one of the career-oriented courses which offer many jobs once you are through with it. The duration of the course is 3 years. B.A in the Fashion Design is sometimes known as B.F.D that stands for Bachelor of Fashion Design. Duration of the course may vary and it is better to get the details like whether the BFD that you are going to do is actually B.A in (Fashion Designing).
Once you are through with the bachelor’s course you can expect to have a great career in the following fields.
- Apparel Construction Methods
- Elements of Textiles
- Computer-Aided Designs
- Dyeing of Fabrics and Printing
- Fashion Studies
- Fashion Illustration and Design
- History of Costumes
- Introduction to Pattern Making and Garment Construction
- Leather Designing
- Textile Science
- Surface development techniques
- Manufacturing technology
- Color Mixing
The following attributes are desired.
- Candidates should have an expertise in drawing things that reflect their though process and mind.
- Creativity should be an apparent trait. But, apart from creativity, the candidates should keep themselves well aware of the latest trends and should also know how to communicate effectively with the people.
- Course is suitable for all those who are wish to become teacher and lecturers in colleges.
- Degree in Arts and Fashion Designing makes the aspirants eligible and competent to open their own venture as a fashion shop and exhibit their skills.
- It satisfies the both fancy towards innovation and the materialistic requirements of the people who promise glamour, fame and success. It can turn out to be highly lucrative if you handle it carefully.
- Masters course and research degrees are also available.
B.A in Fashion Designing Employment:
- Export Houses
- Fashion Media
- Fashion Show Management
- German Manufacturing Units
- Textile Mills
- Garment Store Chains
- Leather Companies
- Media Houses
- Jewelry houses
B.A Fashion Designing Job Types:
Once you are through with the course you can expect to fetch a job in the following areas
- Textile designer
- Retail fashion consultant
- Management trainee
- Garment sample coordinator
- Knitwear designer
- Fashion expert
- Examiner of garment making
Post graduate degree and diploma courses are also available after this.
Top Art and Fashion Designing Colleges in Mumbai
Fashion designing institutes in Mumbai offers a wide range of courses like diploma, degree and PG courses. For admission to fashion designing course in Mumbai at an undergraduate level or higher secondary you need to have 50% in aggregate. The aspirants that have interest in Fashion designing and desperate to take admission to NIFT (National Institute of Fashion Technology), Fashion design Institutes in Mumbai offers Bachelor of designing course.
- JD Institute of Fashion Technology, Mumbai
- ITM IFDT
- Mod’Art International
- Indian School of Design & Innovation
*Data gathered from Internet Medias & individual observations.
Once you are through with a Bachelor degree from a top ranking college you can expect to have a good job.