WBJEE Exam Overview
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination or WBJEE is a state-level entrance examination, administered by the West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board. It is the gateway for the students looking for admission into private and government UG architect, Pharmacy, medical and engineering colleges in West Bengal. The exam is conducted through Offline (OMR) mode.
- Applicant must be an Indian Citizen and must have domicile of West Bengal
- The minimum age for applying for the WBJEE exam is 17 years for the general students and 25 years for the reserved category applicants
- Candidate must have qualified 10+2 examination from the West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education with minimum score of 45% mark. For reserved category applicants; 40% is the minimum mark
- They must have opted for Physics and Mathematics as the compulsory subjects in 10th/+2 and Chemistry/Biotechnology/Biology/a Technical Vocational Subject like Engineering Drawing/Computer Science as the optional subjects.
Before Cutoff Marks
|Sl. No||Program Name||Category||Opening Rank||Closing Rank|
|4||Computer Science Engineering||OBC-A||540||4458|
|5||Electronics & Communication Engineering||OBC-A||858||1863|
To triumph over the cut-throat competition of the WBJEE exam, students need to have a detailed idea on the exam Syllabus and Exam Pattern of the exam. Applicants also need to cover the previous 5 or 10 years’ question paper, practice online mock tests, online question series, and cover class 11th and 12th Physics, Mathematics, and Chemistry topics. Students are also strongly advised to join coaching classes for giving their best in the exam.
Entrance Syllabus: (Subjects for Study)
Aspirants applying for WBJEE need to cover 11th and 12th class chapters of Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. Students must cover topics like Physical World, Measurements, Units & dimensions, Laws of motion, Magnetics, Current Electricity, Atoms, Molecules and Chemical Arithmetic, Radioactivity and Nuclear Chemistry, Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure, Aromatic Compounds, Principles of Qualitative Analysis, Algebra, A.P., G.P., H.P., Complex Numbers, Sets, Relations and Mappings, Principle of mathematical induction, and so on.
WBJEE exam usually has multiple choice questions, each carrying four options. Questions from subjects like Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics come in three categories. In Category 1, 2, and 3; students will get 60, 10, and 10 questions in mathematics, 30, 5, and 5 questions in chemistry and 30, 5, and 5 questions in physics respectively. Each correct answer fetches one mark, with a negative marking of -0.25 for each incorrect answer.
- Jadavpur University, Kolkata
- Heritage Institute of Technology, Kolkata
- Birbhum Institute of Engineering Technology, Birbhum
- Jalpaiguri Government Engineering College, Jalpaiguri
- College of Engineering and Management, Kolaghat
- RCC Institute of Information Technology, Beliaghata
- Netaji Subhash Engineering College, Garia
- Bengal College of Engineering and Technology, Durgapur
(Data gathered from Internet Medias & individual observations)