AIIMS Entrance Test Overview
All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) Medical Entrance Exam is one of India’s toughest and most acclaimed entrance tests for medical aspirants. Conducted by AIIMS, New Delhi, this examination is a gateway for aspirants seeking admission to the undergraduate MBBS programs offered by seven AIIMS institutions in India. AIIMS Medical Entrance Exam is conducted only in online mode.
Parameters for appearing AIIMS 2018 are as prescribed below:
Age Limit: Applicant must be 17 years old or above
Qualifying Exam: Candidate must have qualified 10+2 or equivalent exam in English, Chemistry, Physics, and Biology as compulsory subjects
Qualifying Marks: For General and OBC students, 60% is the minimum mark and for SC/ST/PH applicants, 50% is the minimum mark required to appear AIIMS exam.
Before Cutoff Marks
|Category||Qualifying Percentile||Cut-Off percentile|
Preparing for AIIMS Medical Entrance Exam 2018 can be quite stressful and hectic. But with a strategic preparation principle and few smart tips, preparation process can be easier, smoother, and rewarding.
- Begin your grounding by procuring the official syllabus, prescribed by AIIMS, New Delhi
- Go for precise books and study material
- Get the official question pattern and exam details
- Collect five previous years’ question and answer paper and cover them all. It will introduce you and make you familiar with exam and question patterns
- Make sure to thoroughly cover the recent general knowledge and basics of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology
- Cover Class-XI and Class-XIII syllabus, prescribed by CBSE
- Once you are done with fundamentals of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology, start allotting your time for continuous practice and problem-solving as well as covering general knowledge and logical thinking
- If possible, enroll yourself in a good coaching institute
- Candidates are also advised to practice online mock test papers and sample question papers of AIIMS MBBS within the prescribed timeline
Entrance Syllabus: (Subjects for Study)
Students, preparing for AIIMS 2018, should give more emphasis of clearing the basics or fundamentals of subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Biology, General Knowledge, and Reasoning and Aptitude. Most important topics from which applicants can expect more questions are:
Biology: Genetics, Systematics, Cells, Ecology and Human Health & Diseases
Chemistry: General Organic Chemistry, Hydrocarbons, Bonding, Equilibria, reactions of p-block elements, etc.
Physics: Waves, Heat, and Thermodynamics, Modern Physics, Ray Optics etc.
AIIMS Medical Entrance Exam is conducted through Computer Based Test (CBT) or Online mode. Students have to solve 200 objective type questions within 3 hours and 30 minutes. There will be 60 questions each from Physics, Chemistry, and Biology, and 10 questions each from General Knowledge and Aptitude & Logical Thinking. Each correct answer fetches 1 mark and each incorrect response will deduct 1⁄3 marks.
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Bhopal
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Bhubaneswar
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Jodhpur
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Patna
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Raipur
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Rishikesh