COMEDK Entrance Test Overview
COMEDK Medicine is a premier and one of the toughest Medical Entrance Exams, held in India. COMEDK stands for the Consortium of Medical, Engineering and Dental Colleges of Karnataka. This state level entrance exam is conducted every year in the month of May for allowing students to get admission to Medical, Dental and Engineering Courses in certified institutes within the State of Karnataka.
Those applying for COMEDK Medicine Entrance exam need to meet some specific eligibility criteria and they are:
- Applicant must have qualified 12th standard board examinations with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology and English as a compulsory subject from a recognized board/university in India, with minimum 50% marks. (40% for SC/ST Applicants)
- Candidate must be 17 years old or above
- Entrant must have scored minimum 50% aggregate marks (40 % for SC, ST and OBC candidates of Karnataka State) in PCB in Common Entrance Test of COMEDK UGET
Before Cutoff Marks
|Particulars||Cut Off Rank||% Score Of Cut Off Rank||Cut Off Rank||% Score Of Cut Off Rank|
The preparation guide for COMEDK Medicine entrance exam consists of revised syllabus, previous year question paper coverage, time management, and fresh study material exposure. Before picking up any other books or study materials for the exam preparation, make sure to clear the fundamentals of NCERT books. Until you are completely done with the basics, don’t go for advanced materials or any further books. If possible, join a good coaching center and thoroughly cover the syllabus of class-11.
Entrance Syllabus: (Subjects for Study)
Those, who are preparing for COMEDK Medicine entrance test, 2018 should give more emphasis on subjects like Physics, Biology, Chemistry, and English. Candidates applying for both Medical and Engineering courses also have to cover Mathematics paper. Make sure to thoroughly complete the objective study materials of these subjects and if possible, go for online mock tests and previous year exam question papers. Questions mostly come from 11th and 12th class syllabus and hence, applicants are advised to revise the entire 11th and 12th class prospectus before the test.
Candidates appearing for COMEDK Medicine entrance exam will have to answer 240 multiple choices, objective type questions, 60 each from subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English. Each question in the computer-based test fetches one mark and there will be no negative marking for the wrong answer. For general category applicants, 50% or 120 marks is the minimum qualifying mark and for SC/ST students, 40% or 96% is the minimum qualifying mark.
- Acharya Institute of Technology, Bangalore
- Bangalore Institute of Technology, Bangalore
- BMS College Of Engineering, Bangalore
- C.M.R. Institute Of Technology, Bangalore
- K.V.G. Medical College & Hospital, Sullia
- M.S. Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bangalore
- Nitte Meenakshi Institute Of Technology, Bangalore
- PES Institute of Technology, Bangalore
- Siddaganga Institute of Technology, Tumkur
- Sir M Visvesvaraya Institute of Technology, Bangalore
(Data gathered from Internet Medias & individual observations)