Top Hospitality & Tourism Colleges in Bangalore
Hospitality and Tourism is the industry in which people provides customer services to travelers or strangers. Hospitality professionals generally work in cooperative, administrative or management positions in a service-based environment. They are responsible for overseeing the operations and success of an establishment, such as a hotel or restaurant. They are responsible to manage and to provide standard quality of the services to ten visitors or tourists.
The hospitality and tourism industry is diversified. It includes many locations like RV parks, food establishments, recreational facilities, campgrounds, boarding houses and youth hostels. While the overall goal of hospitality professional is to ensure that guests and customers have pleasurable and most memorable experiences with positive response, they can also be responsible for operations. There are various operations activities which Managers in Hotel can do – such as hiring and training new staff; supervising office and financial administration; housekeeping, maintenance, and security staff, organizing, making daily reports, analyzing the performance, and marketing.
Duties in Hospitality in Tourism
Hospitality professionals also responsible for distribute funds, set room rates, and ensure that the service standards of the business are met. General duties for hospitality professionals vary depending on the size of the business and the amount of staff available.
Basically there are two levels in which one can operate
- Large Operations – In larger operations, there is usually a hierarchy. It is followed by every member of the hotel, hierarchy is – general managers, assistant managers, and supervisors who work to perform operational tasks relating to their areas of expertise.
- Small Business – In a smaller business, the hospitality professional performs these tasks directly, there is no as such hierarchy is followed
Sometimes hospitality professional positions are specialized. For example, some focus on managing the front office, while others can be responsible for convention services or financial administration.
Skills required working at Specialized Position:
- Communication Skills- If hospitality professional is employed in a specialized position, he or she must have excellent communication skills and the ability to work well alongside coworkers in other areas of the business.
- Bachelor Degree – Employers prefer applicants with a bachelor’s degree in business or hotel or hospitality management, but a liberal arts degree along with hospitality experience may also be acceptable. Smaller establishments may accept applicants with a certificate or associate’s degree in hotel, hospitality or restaurant management.
- Interaction Skills- Employers prefers to hire the person with good attraction skills. It includes
- Dealing with tourists
- Guiding tourist
- Tell them about the Heritage Places
Topics to be covered in Hospitality and Tourism Course-
The primary topics which cover in this course with highly focus are: food service management, environment and tourism, inter-cultural communication etc.. Actually, as per current scenario Tourism has become the hub of economic development of every country. So, this course has great value in that means. The course opens varieties of career opportunities for the students. Students who want to secure their future and want to be the part of booming industry can take admission in this course without wasting much time.
Colleges – Hospitality & Tourism
Bangalore is popular for IT Industry as well as Study. There are number of colleges available in Bangalore to provide various courses in Hospitality and Tourism. Their names are-
- Frankfinn Institute of Air Hostess Training, Bangalore Kormangala
- vAJ Aviation Academy
- Skybird Aviation
- Government Flying Training School, Bangalore, Karnataka
*Data gathered from Internet Medias & individual observations.