Best Hospitality and Tourism Colleges in Lucknow
Bachelor of Hospitality and Hotel Management or B.H.H.M is an undergraduate Management course. The Bachelor of Hotel and Hospitality Management (BHM) program aims at producing highly trained professionals in all aspects of hospitality. The program emphasizes student centered learning approach in which the main training characteristics include combinations of problem –based learning project oriented/work-based and cooperative learning. The Module approach will be used in delivery. After completion of the training, the BHM graduates should be equipped with competencies (knowledge, skills, and attitudes) in planning, development and management of hotels and other hospitality establishments. It is three years duration course and its syllabus are divided into six semesters.
Top Hospitality & Tourism Colleges in Lucknow
- Frankfinn Institute Of Air Hostess Training, Lucknow
- Mother Teresa Institute of General & Technical Education
- Manyawar Kanshiram Institute of Tourism Management
- Institute of Tourism Studies, University of Lucknow
*Data gathered from Internet Medias & individual observations.
Eligibility criteria for Hospitality and Tourism course
- Minimum qualification necessary for a hotel management course is 10+2. Depending on the cost and duration of the course, one can opt for a certificate, diploma or degree course. Certificate courses can be of six months to one-year period, a diploma of two years and a degree course of three-year duration.
- Selection for government recognized colleges and an institute is done through the common entrance test held in April every year. The test consists of multiple choice questions in English, General Science, Reasoning and General knowledge.
- A group discussion and personal interview (P.I) is conducted further to assess the personality and aptitude of the applicant before he is finally selected for the hotel management course. Private institutes to accomplish tests along the same lines for selecting applicants.
Career Prospects And Job Opportunities
Diverse job opportunities are accessible in front of travel as well as tourism management professionals. Both the Government and private sector enterprises are known to recruit them. Self-employment is another popular career path that professionals may go for!
When it comes to private sector, the candidates may work for Tour operators, Travel agencies, Travel consultants, Airlines, Airports, Travel and ticketing websites, Visa and travel document service firms, Hotels, Resorts, Tourist information office, Cruise lines etc.
When it comes to Government sector, the candidates may find a job at Tourism Boards (State and Central), Government run Hotels, Airlines, Government Tourist information offices, Transportation services etc.
If one has entrepreneurship skills and access to decent financial resource, one may start own travel agency, ticketing firm, tour agency, travel consultancy, tourist information service etc.
Common Job Profiles Available In Front Of Travel And Tourism Professionals Include
- Travel Agency staff
- Travel and Tourism Consultant
- Travel Agent
- Tour Operator
- Ticketing staff
- Air hostess
- Airline employee / Airport staff
- Tour Guide
- Customer service manager
- Event manager
- Tour manager
- Tourism promoter / marketer
Salary/ Packages :
Starting salary depends on numerous factors. Prominent ones include- profile of the employer, job profile and job location. Average starting salary is between 10-15k Rupees per month. In case of Government job, the salary will be based on Pay Band and scale. The salary must be increased, once the candidates gain experience in this field.
Hospitality and Tourism Colleges in Lucknow, provide several types of facilities to its all students, and also provide best faculty facilities to enhance their future. So, candidates must get a bright future in these colleges.