Top Computer Application and IT Colleges in Pondicherry
M.Sc. in Computer Applications is a 3-year postgraduate course, the minimum eligibility for admission to which is the successful completion of graduation completed from a recognized university, with Mathematics as the main subject at the level, of graduation.
The average tuition fee charged in India for the course ranges among INR 2,000 and 1.8 Lacs for a span of 3 years.
Admissions to the course is based on the round of counselling that follows the candidate’s qualification of a relevant entrance test such as ISI Admission Test.
Computer Application and IT Colleges in Pondicherry
- Pondicherry Engineering College
- Saradha Gangadharan College
- Achariya college of engineering technology
- Sri Manakula Vinayagar Engineering College
*Data gathered from Internet Medias & individual observations.
Such postgraduates are hired in capacities such as:
- Software Developer
- PHP Developer
- Oracle PL/SQL Developer
- Quality Analyst
- Technology Engineer
- Technical Consultant
- Graphic Designer
- IT Specialists, etc
Popular areas of employment for such postgraduates include:
- Educational Institutes
- Space Research Institutes
- Health Care Providers
- Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology Industry
- Chemical Industry
- Environmental Management and Conservation
- Forensic Crime Research
- Research Firms
- Testing Laboratories, etc.
The average annual salary offered to such professionals in India ranges between INR 2 and 10 Lacs, based on the candidate’s experience and expertise in the field.
Some of the top Companies hiring such postgraduates are listed here:
- Insilica Semiconductors
- National Instruments
- Cypress Semiconductor Tech. Ltd.
- Analog Devices India
- Xilinx India
- Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd.
- Cisco Systems
- Boeing BEL
- Robert Bosch
- Tata Elxsi
- Sasken Communications
- Airtel, and such.
M.Sc. in Computer Applications: What is it About?
The program is a progressive study of apparatuses of study such as:
- MS Dos-Windows as Operating System – System Analysis & Data Processing.
- Packages such as MS Office-Web Design, Oracle-VB, TALLY.
- Computer Languages such as C, C++, and JAVA.
- A germane project reports.
- Specialization in computer science with technical, professional and communications skills. It also trains students to become future IT professionals.
- Development of software packages in Visual Basic, C, C++, Java and Oracle.
- Fundamentals of Internet and e-Commerce.
Eligibility for M.Sc. in Computer Applications
Candidates aspiring for admission to the course are required to fulfill the following minimum eligibility criteria.
Graduation or another such equivalent course in a relevant discipline.
A minimum aggregate score of 50% (45% for SC/ST/OBC candidates) at the level of graduation.
Candidates in their final year of graduation can also apply for the course on provisional basis.
Preferably, a relevant professional work experience, as most reputed institutes prefer candidates with work experience.
M.Sc. in Computer Applications: Admission Process
Some colleges also offer admission on the basis of obtained merit at the level of graduation. However, generally, in most of the colleges and institutes offering the course, admission is provided based on the candidate’s performance in a relevant entrance test, conducted at any of State and national levels, followed by a subsequent round of counselling.
The round of counselling involves two additional rounds of Group Discussion and Personal Interview, wherein candidate’s general aptitude for the course is examined. A merit list is subsequently released issued by the institute allocating available seats to the qualifying candidates.