Top Media, Film & Journalism Colleges in Andhra Pradesh
Time is changing. The students are now interested in building their career in different fields. Films and media industry is one of those fields. Here is the list of the top-most media, films and journalism colleges of Andhra Pradesh.
Top colleges in Andhra Pradesh for Media, Film & Journalism Studies
- Potti Sreeramulu Telugu University
- Yogi Vemana University
- Department of Communication and Journalism, Sri Padmavati Mahila Visvavidyalayam Women’s University
- A.G.L. Degree and P.G. College
*Data gathered from Internet Medias & individual observations.
Those who are interested in these courses must meet these eligibilities.
- They must have passed their higher secondary examination from any stream from any recognised institution or college.
- The candidates must have scored 50% in intermediate and the reserved candidates have relaxation to 45%.
- The candidates must have passed their higher secondary examination with English as one of his or her subjects.
A postgraduate course would require the aspirant to be below 30 years of age and the completion of a Bachelor’s degree or B.A. in any restraint. Some would also favour work experience in some media related work. The candidates who want to complete their post-graduation in these courses have to meet these desires:
- The candidates must have 45% marks in aggregate in graduation.
- Some colleges might reduce in the case of aggregate marks but with relevant experience.
- The age limit is 28 but if you are more than 28, you are bound to have experience.
- The maximum pass percentage can also vary from 45% to 60%.
- Students who are continuing their study can also apply.
Some of the courses listed above will be requirements, others will be electives, depending on your course of study. Other electives available to journalism majors include:
- Revolutions in Web or Graphic Design
- Photo editing
- Principles of Creative Advertising
- Advanced Photography
- Environmental Reporting
Since more than half of all journalists are self-employed, courses in entrepreneurship and business are also recommended.
Course structure and assessment methods
Both the courses in media studies as well as communication studies are characteristically taught through a combination of lectures, screenings, seminars, several practical activities and charges, and one-to-one management, all of which aim at providing aspirants with a broad understanding of today’s media world. During the first year, most of the modules will be introductory and theoretical. During the following stages of your studies, you will have the option to choose a field of specialization.
If you hold a degree in media line, then you can be a media planner, web content manager, social media manager, multimedia specialist, public relation officer, runner broadcasting/video/film, television/video/film producer etc.
There are also certain jobs, which will need your degree. You can work as a broadcast journalist, event manager, editorial assistant, information officer, advertising account executive, writer, UX designer, magazine journalist, newspaper journalist, market researcher, writer etc.
Gorgeous and high paying jobs as actor, director, journalist, editor, RJ, producer, VJ, screenwriter, are accessible to the endowed and trained folks. Initial salary for a mass communication professional could be among Rs 12,000 and 25,000 depends your people and communication skills. After 10 Years of work experience a skilled can expect higher salary in the range of Rs 50,000 to Rs 1, 00,000 per month.
So, these are the information you need to know if you want a successful career in the media line.