Top Media, Film & Journalism Colleges in Kolkata
Journalism has made an amazing progress in the last few years; there has been a flourishing in this industry. The picture of journalism has gone through a complete makeover than what it used to be in the past. It is also one of the most demanding jobs you could come across but this has not stopped the individuals to select for Journalism. If you are a senior secondary pass out or have earned a graduation degree, you are eligible to apply for journalism course.
Journalism has lots of streams; the candidates can choose to work with newspaper, TV, radio, magazines etc. The career opportunities are also incredible like you could become a reporter, a sub-editor, a feature writer, a photojournalist and much more.
The courses offered in journalism by the institutes are as follows
– Bachelors in Mass communication and Journalism
– Masters in Mass Communications and Journalism
– Post Graduate Diploma in Mass Communication and Journalism
– Diploma in Media Planning and Buying
– Post Graduate Diploma in Creative Communication
– Post Graduate Diploma in Event Management and amp
– Diploma in Event Management and amp
– Post Graduate Diploma in Broadcast System Maintenance
– Diploma course for Rural Journalism
– Post Graduate Diploma Courses in Rural and Tribal Communication
Most Popular Colleges Media, Film & Journalism Colleges in Kolkata
- Department of journalism and Mass Communication, University of Calcutta
- Satyajit Ray Film and Television Institute
- Institute of Mass Communication Film & Television Studies
- The Global Institute of Journalism and Mass Communication
- National Institute of Film and Fine Arts
*Data gathered from Internet Medias & individual observations.
Eligibility quality to get admission in Media, Film, and Journalism college in Kolkata
The eligibility criteria for Media, Film, and Journalism College in Kolkata is such that only Indian nationals are allowed to take Journalism college entrance test for admission in PG Diploma courses. Apart from this, NRIs/NRI-sponsored candidates can apply under the International Students Quota wherein 5 seats are reserved for NRIs/NRI-sponsored candidates in each course.
As per the Entrance Exam 2018 eligibility criteria only those aspirants can apply for these entrance exams that possess a Bachelor’s degree (in any discipline). The bachelor’s degree can be in any discipline. Apart from this, applicants who have already appeared or who are appearing for a degree exam can also attain for any Entrance Exam (based for journalism).
Note: The official website states that candidates who have appeared for or are appearing for a degree examination, need to produce at least a provisional certificate in original from their college/university before the date stipulated by the colleges, failing which the provisional admission will stand cancelled.
Candidates are eligible to appear for the Entrance Exam 2018 as per the below mentioned requirements:
General Category: Aspirants born on August 1, 1993 or later are eligible to apply.
SC/ST/Physically Handicapped Category: Aspirants born on August of the particular year or later are eligible to apply.
OBC Category: Aspirants born on August 1, 1990 or later are eligible to apply.
Job option after completing graduation in Mass Communication
If you’re wondering what sort of work in mass communication you could end up being exposed to, take a look at the following list to form an idea:
- Radio Jockeying
- Video Editing
- Publishing And Printing
- Film- Making
- Public Relation
- News Reporting