Top Media, Film & Journalism Colleges in Puducherry
Journalism may be one of the best career that pays profitably at the moment, that’s if you’re one of those popular newscasters who define what we have to hear and know every morning or night-time. Equally also comes with editors of magazines and newspapers who help shape the opinions and needs of people. This is how powerful journalists can be. Well, those at the lid of the food chain are. All these are possible after taking proper education in good institutes. Several, well-known institutes are available in Puducherry, where the aspirants can explore their creativity.
Media, Film & Journalism Colleges in Puducherry
- School of Media & Communication, Pondicherry University
- Centre for Electronic Media, Pondicherry university
- School of Management Pondicherry
*Data gathered from Internet Medias & individual observations.
Eligibility Criteria for Mass, Film and Journalism College
- PG diploma in Journalism (Hindi Medium) (Self-Financed): All the candidates interested in applying must have a graduation degree from a recognised college with at least 45%, with a working knowledge of Hindi.
- MA (Mass Communication): All the candidates interested in applying must possess a graduation degree from a recognised university/ institute in any stream with at least 50 marks.
- PG diploma in Broadcast Technology (Self-Financed): All the candidates interested in applying must be a graduate from a recognised college in physics/ electronics/ computer science/ Information Technology (IT)/ Bachelor of Computer Application or BCA or engineering with at least 50% with two compulsory subjects – physics and mathematics in Class12.
- PG diploma in Urdu Mass Media: All the applicants must have secured minimum 55% in Urdu/Persian/Arabic language in Class 12.
- Certificate in Photography (Self-Financed/Part-time): All the candidates interested in applying must have a score of minimum 40% in Class 12.
Government Jobs after B.A in Mass Communication & Journalism
The applicants can find numerous numbers of opportunities in all government run organizations engaged in journalism and mass communication. The remunerations are also good in these institutions. The candidates can find job openings in All India Radio, Doordarshan and other government run organisations. The remunerations along with the career growth in government firms under mass communication sector is the best in the industry.
Private Sector Jobs after B.A in Mass Communication & Journalism
The graduates after completing B.A in Mass Communication & Journalism can find lot of opportunities in private sector. The aspirants can find job opportunities in many private channels like STAR TV, ZEE TV, NDTV, CNBC, etc. The candidates can find job opportunities in various private FM channels like Big FM, Radio Mirchi, etc. The candidates can find job opportunities in international television channels like BBC, National Geographic Channel, Discovery Channel, etc. The remunerations in private channels is comparatively very good when compared to government organisations.
Beautiful and high paying jobs as screenwriter, journalist, actor, director, editor, RJ, VJ, producer, are existing to the talented and trained individuals. Initial package for a mass communication professional could be among Rs 12,000 and 25,000 depending your people and communication skills. After gaining 5 Years of work experience a professional can think higher salary in between of Rs 50,000 to Rs 1,00,000 per month.
More details about pay scale of the candidates
Journalists who are yet still commenced cannot expect the identical paycheck. In fact, some journalists even take on extra odd jobs just to be in a position to make both ends meet. This career is actually a lot like being a movie star relating to the pay.