Top Law Colleges in Andhra Pradesh
A career in law is best suited for those who are very much eager towards the world of law and fascinated with the structure of justice. The fast-growing pace of legal profession makes it one of the most lucrative and the most respected careers in India today. To make a professional in law, one will need to pursue a best law university or a professional law courses. Several numbers of universities and institutes in Andhra Pradesh are offering law courses where one could select a specialty into one of the various arms of law such as: corporation law, criminal law, civil law, and international law, patent law, tax law, labour law, and so on. These Law courses can be pursued at both under-graduate as well as postgraduate level including LLB and LLM from various institutes and universities recognized Andhra Pradesh.
Eligibility quality for Law course
- B.A. L.L.B: It is a 5-year course and the aspirants can pursue this course after passing Class 12th.
- L.L.B.: This is a 3-year course, open for B.A.
- L.L.M.: This is a postgraduate course in Law. The duration of the course is 2year. Students can pursue this course after completing B.A. L.L.B. or L.L.B.
- Moreover, to LL.B. degree, many universities and institutes in Andhra Pradesh also provide other diploma courses in several disciplines of law, including International Law, Administrative Law, Labour Laws, Tax Laws and Corporate Laws.
- Age criteria: An aspirant meets the eligibility criteria of any Andhra Pradesh University if they are not more than 20 years old (for General category admissions) and 22 years old (for SC/ ST/ PwD category admissions) as on recent year.
Admission in Law education
The aspirants, who wish to get the admission in law, have to give attention in CLAT (Common Law Admission Test). This entrance exam is conducted for admission to National Law Universities (NLUs) and various other institutions. Through CLAT, students are admitted in Integrated L.L.B and L.L.M courses.
Student can go for law courses with any stream (Science stream/ Commerce stream / Arts stream) in 12th.
BCI provides “Certificate of Practice” to the candidates after completing LL.B. To practice in the profession of law and to receive certificate, it is mandatory for the candidates to qualify All India Bar Examination (AIBE).
Jobs/Career in Law
Law is very reputed filed for choose as a career. It is a hard-working and sincere field. A fresher may have to work under the reputed legal firm or lawyer for initial starting of his career.
India has a great demand of skilled lawyer as per the survey done by the Bar Council of India. Only 20% of the Indian law students are eligible to work in court.
A law student can be a public prosecutor, solicitor general or a part of private legal firms after gaining experience. The law students can appear the exam conducted by the Public Service Commissions and get the position of Judge.
A good attorney can work in ministry, government departments and various legal advice sectors. There is a good prospect to work in UK and the US. The law of India is just similar to the law of UK. The firms and UK government offers the Indian students to work with them as legal concern.
In order to the designation, you may be the one out of the following:
- Government Lawyer
- Civil Litigation Lawyer
- Legal Advisor
- Document Drafting Lawyer
- Legal Analyst
- Social Worker
- Presenting cases to juries and judges
- Formulating legal briefs
- Civil Lawyer
Top Law Colleges in Andhra Pradesh
- Andhra University, Visakhapatnam
- Acharya Nagarjuna University, Guntur
- Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University, Visakhapatnam
- Sri Padmavati Mahila Visvavidyalayam, Tirupati
*Data gathered from Internet Medias & individual observations.