Top Law Colleges in Puducherry
A career in law is the best option for those who are very much passionate towards the world of law as well as fascinated with the system of justice. The fast-growing step of legal profession makes it one of the most profitable and the most respected careers in India nowadays. To make a professional in law, one will necessity to follow a professional law courses. A large number of universities and institutes in India are offering law courses where one could select a specialization into one of the numerous arms of law such as: corporation law, civil law, patent law, criminal law, labour law, and international law, tax law and so on. These Law courses can be pursued at both under-graduate as well as PG level including LLM and LLB from various universities and institutes recognized worldwide.
Top Law College in Puducherry
- Dr.B.R.Ambedkar Govt Law College, Pondicherry
- Pondicherry University
*Data gathered from Internet Medias & individual observations.
Eligibility criteria to get admission in law college (Pondicherry)
- B.A. L.L.B: This is a Five-year course and the candidates can pursue this course after passing Class 10+2th.
- L.L.B.: This is a Three-year course, open for +3.
- L.L.M.: This is a PG level course in Law. The time period of the course is 2 years. Candidates can follow this course after completing B.A. L.L.M or L.L.B.
Moreover, to LL.B. degree, many colleges or institutes similarly offer other diploma courses in numerous disciplines of law, including International Law, Labour Laws, Administrative Law, Tax Laws along with Corporate Laws.
Admission Procedure in Law college in Pondicherry
Law Admission is done either on the basis of marks gained by aspirants in succeeding applicable entrance exam or through the degree. Candidates who are in final year of their graduation can also apply for entrance tests directed for Law course or LLB admissions.
There are numerous entrance tests directed for LLB admission in all over India. On the other hand, aspirants also get direct admission into the same.
LLB Entrance Tests
Admission to Law course is generally done on the basis of entrance exams directed either on a national level or institute-wise. A list of entrance exams for admission to the course has been cited below:
- Law School Admission Test or LSAT is a globalized entrance test and many Indian universities consider its score for LLB admission.
- Common Law Entrance Test or CLAT is directed by National Law Universities for admissions to LLB courses.
- Law Common Entrance Test or LAWCET is directed by colleges and universities in Andhra Pradesh for admission to LLB programs
- All India Law Entrance Test or AILET is directed by National Law University, Delhi
LLB Course Details
L.L.B. course is usually separated into six semesters. During the 3-year course, students get the LLB after successful completion of 4 semesters. At the other side, Law degree is given to aspirants only after finishing 6 semesters. The basic course structure in most of the Indian Universities includes:
- Tutorial Work
- Moot Courts
- Practical Training Programs