Top MBA Colleges in Ahmedabad
All those who consider MBA degree as a sure-shot key to success are grossly mistaken. A degree in MBA proves to be beneficial only if you pursue the course from a top ranking MBA college. Also, you need to have right aptitude for it; you should be quick at reasoning, should be good at reasoning and should have good analytical power. Apart from that, pursuing MBA from a top college ensures a better placement and better career prospects. Here are the top MBA colleges in Ahmedabad. Prior to that, let us have a quick look at the eligibility, admission process and career opportunities after the course.
What is MBA?
MBA or Masters of Business Administration is one of the most sought after career choices these days. Most of the people associate this course with earning a big money. However, the course is designed for developing the entrepreneurial skills and helping the aspirants become better managers. The course solves the following purposes.
- It imparts a strong foundation in the business concepts.
- Provides practical opportunities to test what students learn and acquire in the class through internship, individual projects and group assignments.
- Builds the hard-skills in management and leadership.
- Enables MBA students to start their independent business after graduation.
- Opens global opportunities for the career growth.
Types of MBA Courses:
- MBA courses are available in the variety of formats. The most common types of courses are: Full-time MBA, executive MBA, and part-time MBA, Distance MBA courses, online courses and correspondence course.
- These courses do not have a single format. But, it is always advisable to go for full-time MBA.
- The average duration of full-time MBA programs ranges from 1-2 years.
- The part-time programs can extend up to 3 years.
Since it is a Master’s course, you need to have a bachelor’s degree preferably in management.
Importance of the course:
MBA can expect to have a promising future and their salary packages right from the beginning of the career is higher than what other management students get normally. As per the studies, 70% of MBAs server as board directors and managers in different organizations. Doing this course enhances your communication skills and builds your personality. Some of the top B schools also prefer work experience.
Basically, the course allows you to specialize in the following papers:
- Human resources
- Business administration
People also prefer to do MBA in:
- Health Science
- Medical Science
To get admission in a top ranking MBA college you need to clear the three stages of entrance tests. Written test, Group discussion and personal interview are three steps to get admission to an MBA college of your choice. You can expect to get questions on reasoning, quantitative aptitude, logical reasoning, English proficiency and current affairs.
As mentioned, you can expect to have a wide range of career opportunities once you are done with the course. Banking, Insurance sector and a number of public sector as well as private sector units are recruiting MBAs for the managerial posts.
Top MBA Colleges in Ahmedabad:
- Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad
- Nirma University, Ahmedabad
- Amrut Mody School of Management, Ahmedabad University, Ahmedabad
*Data gathered from Internet Medias & individual observations.
To obtain a degree in MBA opens a plethora of job opportunities. If you think you have the right aptitude and are prepared to face the challenges associated with being manager, you need to have this degree. However, just keep in mind that doing MBA from just any place would not land you up with a good job. If you want to have a great job and want to have a flourishing career you need to do MBA from a top college in Ahmedabad. Visit their site to know the fee, eligibility and admission criteria.