Top MBA Colleges in Odisha
Odisha is located on the eastern side of India with Bhubaneswar being the capital city of the state. It is considered to be the most emerging power point with its knowledge hub consisting of various new govt. and private colleges and universities. We see students from different parts and state of country coming here to pursue their higher education related to management course. The overall literacy rate is found out to be 73.5% according to 2011 census for this state. You can find a detailed list of 10 best MBA colleges in Odisha for the year 2018 in this article.
In this list, the rating is made based on the college, academic excellence, college accreditation, affiliation, student’s feedback, facilities, placement records, and faculty ratio.
For admission, the MBA aspirants can appear the national level entrance test such as: Common Admission Management Test (CMAT), Xavier’s Aptitude Test (XAT), Management Aptitude Test (MAT), and Common Admission Test. Most of the B-Schools of Odisha accept these score for granting admission to students to pursue MBA course.
Top MBA Colleges in Odisha:
Top Management colleges in Odisha offers MBA program is different streams. Among those streams the trending specializations include Marketing, Human Resource Management, Finance, and International Business & Information Technology.
- Xavier Institute of Management, Bhubaneswar (XIMB)
- KIIT School of Management (KSOM), Bhubaneswar
- National Institute of Technology (NIT), Rourkela
- The Regional College of Management (RCM)
- The Utkal University
- Institute of Management & Information Technology (IMIT)
- The Raghunath Jew School of Management Studies (RJSMS)
- Dr. Ambedkar Memorial Institute of Information Technology & Management Science (DAMITS)
- Centurion University
- The Madhusudan Institute of Cooperative Management (MICM)
*Data gathered from Internet Medias & individual observations.
We have provided you with all the basic information regarding the top colleges in Orissa. Admission procedure and eligibility criteria varies respectively with the colleges. Therefore, for queries regarding eligibility and cut-off and admission dates, kindly visit the respective websites.
Regarding preparation for the exams, most of the MBA tests follow the same basic pattern. Most of these exams test the students’ logical and analytical prowess, mostly reasoning capability. But this does not give you the slack and allow you a clean test without practice. Practice is essential, no matter what exam it is. As for exam pattern, it is divided into three sections broadly:
- Analytical reasoning/Quantitative ability
- Verbal ability
- Logical reasoning & Data Interpretation.
The test scores are on percentile basis and not percentage, i.e. marking system is more dependent on the performance of all the candidates and less on individual performance.
All the three sections are equally important. So, start preparing. There is a very common misconception that speed is more important. Don’t go for it, speed is definitely important but without accuracy it’s useless. Following are the other accepted entrance exams:
- XAT-Xavier’s Admission Test
- NMAT- Indian Institute of Foreign Trade
- IIFT- Indian Institute of Foreign Trade
- SNAP- Symbiosis National Aptitude Test
- CET- Common Entrance Test
- CMAT-Common Management Admission Test
- MAT-Management Aptitude Test
A career in MBA is mostly dependent on your social prowess and your analytical and reasoning skills. This is one thing I love the most about Business Management. It is never dull. So it doesn’t matter if the course is vast or not. Trust me, you won’t get to breathe but you will love it.
meritbud.com the most efficient counsellor for all interested in MBA as a career.