Top Medical Science Colleges in Bhubaneswar
In India, it is a trend now to get enrolled into Science after matriculation. Thousands of students aspire every year to become a doctor or an engineer. The students take the medical science examination every year, the national examinations and state examinations. Bhubaneswar, the capital of Odisha, also has a few renowned and reputed medical science colleges. Although the number is not very big yet all the colleges offer quality education.
Top medical colleges in Bhubaneswar
- AIIMS Bhubaneswar
- Kalinga Institute of Medical Science
- School of Pharmaceutical Science
- Kalinga Institute of Nursing Sciences
- Hi-Tech Medical College and Hospitals
- Institute Of Medical Sciences and SUM Hospital
- Institute of Dental Sciences,(IDS) Bhubaneswar
- Hi-Tech Dental College & Hospital
*Data gathered from Internet Medias & individual observations.
After class 12th board exams numbers of students must be quizzed to select stream and graduation course for themselves. With just common career options after 12th, are you just left with choices for graduation in streams like humanities, science or commerce? Just hold on, as we have accumulated a list of top medical entrance exams after 12th for conventional and unconventional UG courses as well as jobs. Some of the below stated entrance exams after class 12th and sequences are All India level (National Level) while others State Level or colleges’ own specific entrance exams.
National Eligibility-cum- Entrance Exam for Undergraduate (NEET- UG): NEET –UG is an All India level single entrance- cum- eligibility test for admission in MBBS/BDS courses after class 12th science. It is directed by Central Board of Secondary Education or CBSE that formerly directed all India Pre-Medical Test (AIPMT).
Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC) Entrance Exam: Armed Forces Medical College Entrance exam is among the toughest entrance exams after 12th. This is 4 and half years, along with internship of 1-year Medical course. After succeeding AFMC entrance exam candidates, it is necessary for the students to serve as bespoke officer in medical services of defence forces at least for 7 years.
JIPMER MBBS Entrance Test: This medical entrance exam is steered by Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education and Research or JIPMER for admission to MBBS course in the institute. There is a total of 150 seats for admission into the same. Interval of the course is 4 years and 6 months according to the academic calendar of JIPMER followed by 1 year of compulsory rotatory internship.
AIPVT: The All India Pre-Veterinary Test or AIPVT is an entrance exam directed after Class 12th for admission to five years B. Vsc and AH courses in India. The exam is held to fill up 15 % of total number of seats in Government Veterinary colleges except in the state of Jammu & Kashmir.
Most of the colleges have same demands in eligibility criteria.
- The candidate must be of Indian origin.
- The candidate should be of 17 years old by December 31 by respective year. The upper age limit is 25 years. The reservation categories have 5 years relaxation in age limit.
- The candidate must have passed his or her intermediate or higher secondary examination from any recognised school or college.
- The candidate of General category must have scored 50% in his or her intermediate with Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as his or her subject. The candidates of reserved categories must have obtained 40% in his or her intermediate or higher secondary examination. They are also bound to have Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as their subjects.
There are total 26 medical science colleges located in Odisha. Out of those colleges, three are government and rest of them are private colleges. But all of the colleges offer quality education and have competent and qualified professors as their staff.