Top Medical Science Colleges in Chennai
To become a doctor is the dream ambition of young Indian students. In India doctors have their special status in society and they are given much more respect next to God in Society. The profession is also financially well settled. All these factors make their carrier popular and attractive. Bachelor of medicine and bachelor of Surgery or MBBS is the qualification required to practice as a doctor in Chennai. In this article you will get information about MBBS course details, admission process, eligibility criteria, syllabus, entrance test, career prospects, PG courses and more.
Top Ten Medical and Science College in Chennai
- Madras Medical College
- Saveetha Medical college, Saveetha University
- Stanley Medical College
- Elite School of Optometry
- Chennai Medical College Hospital and Research Centre (CMCH&RC), Trichy
*Data gathered from Internet Medias & individual observations.
Eligibility Criteria for the medical college
Aspirants are mandatory to read the eligibility criteria to get admission in Medical and Science College in Chennai as it holds importance. Candidates will need to go through it and have to understand the minimum requirements as specified by All India Institute of Medical Sciences relating to educational qualifications and least marks requisite for appearing in the MBBS exam.
- Candidates must be of India.
- Aspirants who belong to Overseas Citizen of India or OCI category should be registered under Section 7A of Indian Citizenship Act 1955 and require submitting their registration proof while applying for Medical entrance exam.
- Students belonging to foreign nationals’ category should be listed by the Indian Government. They will not be requisite to appear for medical entrance examination, on the other hand, the aspirant should have to obtained at least 50% marks in aggregate of the subjects– Chemistry, Physics, Biology and English studied at intermediate examination or XII board examination recognised by the Chennai medical college. In addition, such candidates should be qualified for pursuing the MBBS programme only at Chennai medical college.
- Candidates should have qualified 12th board or equivalent examination of 10+2 education system recognised by AIIMS Delhi.
- They should have also studied Physics, Biology, Chemistry and English as mandatory subjects in their 10+2 level.
- Moreover, to the above conditions, candidates belonging to General and OBC categories should have secured a minimum of 60% marks in the aggregate of aforesaid subjects and those belonging to ST/SC and OPH categories should have obtained at least 50%.
Medical is a vocational degree, permitting you to develop the practical and clinical abilities definite to medicine, as well as the professional and personal attributes necessary to become a doctor.
Careers directly related to your degree include:
- Hospital doctor
- Clinical radiologist
- General practice doctor
- Physician associate
Salary Packages for medical aspirants
Salary after completing the medical degree varies from State to State in India and also the place of Work (around $200,000 abroad). Such as, currently a MBBS qualified person has joined a Private Hospital in Chennai for a Salary of Rs.80 Lakhs P.A. The Income Earnings of Doctors is one of the most unobserved and underrated things in all over India. As compared to Chartered Accountants, Engineers as well as Pilots, there are many MBBS doctors who earn much more either through full time job or their own private practice. In this viewpoint, we will provide exclusive information on Salary after MBBS, Salary and Allowances from Doctors in India etc.