A guide to the top medical science colleges in Dehradun
After intermediate, most of the students want to build their career in the industry of medical science. Why won’t they? After all being a physician and be able to heal people is a bliss. In every state of India there is a number of medical colleges, be it a government or a private. This article contains details on the medical science colleges situated in Dehradun. Their course fees and eligibility, all have been covered by this article.
Medical entrance examinations
- State Level Competitive Medical Entrance Tests
Medical Entrance Examinations in India are directed on an All India basis and at the State Level. To provide MBBS admissions to many Medical Colleges in India. Some National Level Medical Institutions also conduct their own Entrance Test. The Medical Council of India (MCI), Delhi responsible for medical education in India. Numbers of Govt Medical Colleges make obtainable admissions only Indian Nationals on the basis of All India Medical Entrance exams. However, there are Overseas / SAARC / NRI student quotas in few Government Medical Colleges as well as Private Medical Colleges to make available admissions to NRIs and overseas students. Few Private Medical Colleges conduct All India Entrance Exams.
Full Time Degree Courses of Health Sciences (MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BHMS, BUMS, BPTh, Both, BASLP, BP&O and BSc. Nursing, B.V.Sc. & AH), Pharm. D and Pharmacy.
- National level Competitive Medical Entrance Tests
The entrance examinations are conducted every year in India. Some of the examinations are conducted on the national level. All the examinations are organized by the Medical Council of India. There are a few private colleges that conduct entrance examinations on their own on all India level. Here are a few known medical entrance examinations. Such as AIIMS, AIPMT, AIPVT, EAMCET, AIEEE, NAARM SRF PGS, AICEE, AICET, NUUGET etc. If you want to grab a seat in Dehradun, you will have to qualify the entrance examinations according to the state rules of Uttarakhand. Uttarakhand MBBS & BDS examinations will be conducted by NEET. There are state quotas in the private, government, colleges.
- The candidate must be an Indian citizen.
- The candidate must have passed the intermediate examination. He/she must have Physics, English, Chemistry, Biology or Bio-technology in his/her intermediate course. The candidates must have passed all the subjects with 50% marks in each. But there is relaxation in the case of the scheduled caste or scheduled tribe. In their case, the passing mark is 40%. In the case of physical handed candidate, the passing mark is 45%.
- The candidate must have qualified all eligibility criteria mentioned in the NEET UG Information bulletin.
- The candidate must have passed their matriculation and intermediate examinations from reputed institutions.
- The candidates who are the residents of other states are eligible for the entrance examination but are not part of any quota. The candidates who are residents of Uttarakhand but have passed from institutes of other states are also eligible.
- As for the age, it will be according to the latest guidelines of CBSE/MCI/DCI/ Honourable court/Government of India.
Top Colleges in Dehradun
- Himalayan Institute of Medical Sciences
- Combined (P.G.) Institute of Medical Sciences & Research
- Delhi Paramedical & Management Institute, Dehradun
- Sai Institute of Paramedical & Allied Science
- Combined P.G. Institute of Medical Science and Research
- Uttaranchal (P.G.) College of Bio-Medical Sciences & Hospital
*Data gathered from Internet Medias & individual observations.