Top Medical Science Colleges in New Delhi
After intermediate, the students usually panic regarding their future. Some students aspire to become doctors. For a better future, it is extremely important to get enrolled in a good institution. So, if you are a resident of Delhi and want to know about medical colleges, then the article is for you. The article contains everything regarding the names of the colleges, the entrance examinations, fees and eligibilities.
Top medical colleges in Delhi
- All India Institute of Medical Science
- Ayurvedic and Unani Tibbia College
- Maulana Azad Medical College
- Nehru Homeopathic College
- University College of Medical Science
- Vardhaman Mahavir Medical College and Safdarjung Hospital
*Data gathered from Internet Medias & individual observations.
The entrance examinations are done both on the national level and state level.
- The candidates have to Indian citizens. The overseas Indians can also apply.
- The candidates must complete seventeen years of as on or before 31st December of respective year.
- The candidates must have passed their intermediate or higher secondary examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology or Bio-technology and English as their subjects with minimum 50%.
- There is state quota. The candidates who apply under this quota must have completed their intermediate or higher secondary examination from a reputed school and college respectively.
- The female students who are from outside but come under scheduled tribe or scheduled caste or CW are eligible for admission to Lady Hardinge Medical College.
The cut off for the unreserved category is 50 percentiles. The cut off for the physically handicapped that belong to the reserved category is 40 percentiles. The cut off for the physically handicapped that belong to the unreserved category is 45 percentiles.
Test pattern and selection procedure
The Preliminary Examination is of 3 hours duration and consists of one paper containing 200 objective type questions from Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany and Zoology). The final test is also of 3 hours and comprises of one paper containing 120 objective type questions from Chemistry, Physics and Biology (Botany and Zoology).
Candidates will be selected on the basis of a certain cut-off mark in the entrance exam.
These colleges also offer different courses. You can complete your B.Sc. in Human Biology. These colleges also provide Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery, P.C.B.Sc (Nursing) Post Certificate Bachelor of Science, M.Sc. (Biophysics), Ph.D. (Bio-Physics) courses.
Facilities and faculties
Most of the colleges provide hostel facility to the students. These are the renowned colleges having competent professors. All of the colleges are known for their discipline and quality education.
Carrier after Medical course
A person with a higher degree in Medical Degree has a great career choice ahead. The main areas where aspirants can get jobs contain the field of medical fields. With a Master’s degree, it will be easier to get more lucrative jobs. A few other areas where students of Biology can get jobs include:
- Biological Technician
- Biology Content Developer
- Molecular Biologist
- Plant Biochemist
- Forest Ranger
- Weed Scientist
- Plant Explorer
- Science Adviser
- Farming Consultant
The scope for a good career is quite high when it comes to Medical. With the right educational qualifications and work experience, students can get jobs in our overseas or nation. Some of the employment areas where a person with a higher degree in medical can exploit his talent contain the following.
- Agricultural Research Services
- Botanical Gardens
- Wildlife and Fishery Departments
- Horticulture and more.