Top Medical Science Colleges in West Bengal
Medical Science basically deals with the study of medical and health science. Physiology, Microbiology, Bio-medicinal technology, Neuroscience etc. are an integral part of medical science.
What are the main reasons for choosing Medical Science?
A bachelor of Medical Sciences is basically an undergraduate academic degree which is awarded for completing the course. The course mainly lasts 2-4 years. The human body and its functions are the basic elements of study in this course.
- Functions of Human Body- Deals with the circulation of blood in the human body.
- Reaction to diseases – How human body reacts to a particular disease.
- Cure – The types and quantity of drugs that are used to cure different sorts of disease.
Expanding the Course.
Medical students can take an additional year to complete their graduation. This additional year is basically utilized in medical research. But this requires a high Grade Point Average (GPA). Only the top selected students can participate in this annual research program. After completion of graduation, a student may pursue postgraduate studies, pharmaceuticals, research activities in the field of medicinal science and other roles.
Few details about some of the most popular courses in India:
- M.B.B.S – basically stands for Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery. It is a medical degree awarded after completing the course.
- B.D.S – stands for Bachelor of Dental Surgery. B.D.S is mainly a course which lasts for 4 years. It is the first professional Bachelor Degree Programme in the field of dentistry.
- B.H.M.S – stands for Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery. B.H.M.S is the graduate degree that is awarded after five and a half years of study including a year-long internship.
- M.D – stands for Doctor of Medicine. The main eligibility criteria for this is to carry an M.B.B.S degree. The duration of this course is mainly 3 years.
- B.Sc.Nursing – HSC students in Medical is eligible for this course. A Medical student needs to maintain average marks of at least 45% to be eligible for this course. This course mainly takes 4 years.
Fees is an essential aspect when it comes to studying medical science in a well-reputed college. The fees vary depending on the courses, their duration, and the institution. There is a wide range, mainly the fees vary from 75,000 to 10,00, 000. For courses such as B.Sc. Nursing the fees are on the lower side ranging from 70,000 to 80,000. Whereas, in courses such as M.B.B.S the fees varies from 10,00,000 to 15,00,000.
Entrance Exam for Medical Science Courses.
In order to get admission in a top medical college in order to pursue Medical courses, a student needs to clear exams such as AIIMS, NEET, JIPMER.
Benefits of Studying Medical Science.
Medical Science is considered as one of the best streams from every aspect. Medical Science is such a stream where there is a never-ending demand. In other words, the demand for the services rendered by the experts of this field is endless. A degree in Medical Science brings a universally recognized value. There are plenty of jobs available in this field. Also, students can opt for higher education and research. In short, a Medical Science degree gives a lot of options to the degree holder moving forward.
The list of top reputed Medical Colleges in Kolkata includes the following:
- North Bengal Medical College
- Calcutta National Medical College
- ICARE Institute of Medical Sciences and Research
- Midnapore Medical College and Hospital
*Data gathered from Internet Medias & individual observations.