Top Science Colleges in Maharashtra
Maharashtra Science Colleges offer courses in variety of subjects like Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology, Statistics, etc. Some of the best Science Colleges in Maharashtra include Fergusson College Pune, Elphinstone College Mumbai, and KJ Somaiya College of Science and Commerce Mumbai, etc. Meritbud team have prepared list of top science and are covered here. You can find the details of each of them in the college brochures and can also contact us for detail. We have made best effort to provide accurate information which is compiled from various authentic sources.
The scopes that take into account each involvement of college works are with base ground. They seek to promote value education and culture. Also emphasizes much to maintain a conducive environment for education related activities. It also encourages faculty for improving their qualifications and keep them abreast of the current development keeping in mind their area of work. Apart from this, colleges promote institution-industry interaction, general resources and encourage alumni activities. This is meant to encourage students to become equipped with moral values and necessary knowledge, broad minded and responsible for meeting social needs.
Accreditation & Assessments
Many colleges in Maharashtra are accredited to National Board of Accreditation (NBA). When it comes to city wise accreditation, universities and colleges are accredited to centre location accreditation such as University of Mumbai and more others.
- Universities are accredited with the task of preparing students for degree in Science course.
- Colleges have also received recognition by the University of Grant Commission (UGC) and approval from All India Council for Technology Education (AICTE).
- Colleges can be awarded with national importance and also with highest A Grade rating by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC).
- Many colleges can have their self financing and autonomous or deemed university grant to be independent of their work structure and status.
About the administration of colleges, the governing body consists of members of local managing committee, advisory council, ex-officio trustee, chairman and vice-chairman.
Admission to students into intermediate or degree science courses are done on the basis of aggregate marks in qualifying exam or its equivalent unless specified otherwise.
- All applications for admission should be submitted before the notified date by the college and as such late applications are not accepted.
- Applications can be granted only after paying the full fees for the academic year. An official receipt is issued and the name of applicant appears along with the roll numbers. Condoned part of half or full paid fees is only made by Principal.
- Admission both for intermediate and graduation is valid for 1 year and so need to be renewed for each subsequent year.
- In certain college admission to 12th is through centralized admission process and so can be eligible to allot seats as per merit and availability.
- Admission is finalized after completion of the relevant documents and certificates.
Campus & Facilities
The college campus has great effective corner to build its infrastructure that could be sound reputable and important. Since infrastructure laid a big place for student activities and college state of art built, there are many recognizing things that make it common to work for academic activities. Colleges have contained collections of books in central library comprising subject related a reference books with current and back volumes. Apart from library student have cafeteria to dine, separate hostels for boys and girls, gymnasium, ATM and bank’s facilities, canteen, auditorium, sports club, etc.
College campus placement cell facilitates the placement process for student in different companies. Many companies provide links on their website for registration of fresher applicant. They also have their own eligibility criteria to conduct the selection test for job. A student that fulfils the criteria can register on the website portal and thus can go through several steps like written tests, GDs, PIs in the placement drive. Candidates passing through all these steps can guarantee an offer letter. All these procedures can also be carried out in the college campus itself. College placement committee members take all the sole responsibility to carry out the correspondence with companies. There is also an update record of all the student structure with the college database.
Various large scales multinational companies like Infosys, Wipro, TCS, IBM, Cognizant, HSBC, Accenture, and many more approach Maharashtra colleges for participating in placement drive.
List of Top Science Colleges in Maharashtra
- St. Xavier’s College-Autonomous, Mumbai
- Fergusson College
- Mithibai College
- Ramnarain Ruia College
*Data gathered from Internet Medias & individual observations.