Top Science Colleges in West Bengal
Science colleges in West Bengal offer various colleges and there are among top science colleges as compiled from various authentic sources. Some of the best science in West Bengal includes St Xavier’s College Kolkata Kolkata, Maulana Azad College Kolkata, Vivekananda College Kolkata, Presidency College Kolkata Kolkata, Ramakrishna Mission Vidyamandira Kolkata, Bethune College Kolkata and many more are covered here. Meritbud has made best efforts to provide accurate information and hence can be relied upon. Science colleges in West Bengal are in great demand and offer various intermediate, BSc, postgraduate and doctoral courses. Even in present circumstances where engineering is demanded, many student look for science course. Science colleges help them to specialize in their favourite subject and ensure the validity of certification. If a student seeks to choose science colleges in West Bengal, he/she should have a real interest towards science subjects.
Mission & Vision
The main vision of various colleges in West Bengal is to promote a society based on fraternity, equality, justice, liberty, freedom, and love. They aim to become a centre of excellence of higher education and to excel in all areas of consultancy, outreach, research, teaching and learning.
To contribute to the creation of knowledge and provide education that qualified as international class for students.
To ensure equity and access in higher educational opportunity to all meritorious and deserving students with a preferential options for the marginalized and poor, irrespective of caste/creed.
Offers subjects for competence building and animate/motivate workforce imbued with human-values.
Promote academia-industry interfacing and academic exchange taking advantage of current technological tools.
Contribute to the wellbeing of the nation without counting costs, the motto and in the spirit of colleges/university.
The colleges have different batches as per the course. Various courses offered range from intermediate (12th/plus 2), undergraduate (B Sc), postgraduate (MSc), doctoral (PhD), and many other certificate courses. The subjects of study are Physics, Chemistry, Botany, Zoology, mathematics, Statistics, Biotechnology, macro biology, and many more. Student has to choose honours and elective subjects in their BSc and after that for higher studies. Student carer can be based with the choice of elective subjects and they can be trained and prepare projects in the final semester which will be counted during their assessment tests.
The candidate aspiring to take admission to different colleges will accept all types of fees and charges. They can pay through Debit card, through Online Banking activation or even in Cash as per the convenient option. Further the credit/debit card must have a sufficient transaction limit as per the amount to be paid.
Candidate has to undergo a series to steps for admission. He/she has to either appear for exam and sanctioned by the university/college. Or pass the criteria test under which aggregate marks, academic qualification, category, and more other sections are taken.
- Library- Books from the main library are lend to students only under the control of professors of each dept. In many colleges, you can see central library containing thousands of course books and reference books, journals, magazines, etc.
- Class Rooms- classrooms are large and capable to accommodate huge number of students without cramping. They are surrounded by spacious veranda for students to breathe and move freely.
- Hostel- separate hostels for girls and boys are provided inside or outside the college campus.
- Computer Facility- Library, laboratories, offices are all computerized to provide better and faster services
- Cyber Room- cyber room is equipped with high speed leased lines internet connectivity. There is also Wi-Fi connectivity for students around the campus structure.
- Central Research Facility- the central research facility has different instrumental facilities like stereo microscope, water analyzer, water treatment plants, deep freeze spectrophotometer, and other practical instrument.
- Laboratory- Colleges has highly Computer Science, Physics, Chemistry, Zoology, Botany, Biotechnology, Microbiology, and Statistics Labs.
- Auditorium- for an educational institution an auditorium serves a s space for corporation and congregate student meeting to celebrate, to discuss to debate, seeks a meeting place, or observe venue for college or school events.
- Canteen- This is a candid informal yardstick that evaluate the pulse of any campus. You can feel the exuberance of the college students inside the canteen environment.
T&P Cell begins the academic year with process of volunteer requirement as conducted by core committees. Student contact different human resource and corporate personnel regarding placement activities and help out to conduct and manage them. Companies begin with pre placement talks followed by GD and PI rounds and once recruitment is completed, students are intimated about their selection. Different companies have different processes and selection-criteria. Placement cell researches to student via Facebook pages as well as Blogs. Regular mails are sent for important updates and even activities are carried out for final years under training and development cell. There is a great deal of enthusiasm among final year students and student come forward with their queries regarding placement procedures and companies and the T&P cell members are ready to help them.
The counselling provides vocational and personal guidance to students of all department of science course. Personal counselling sessions are conducted by centre by experienced and qualified counsellors who help students to resolve any kind of problems they are facing. The counsellors bring an utterly non judgemental attitude to conduct a one-to-one basis with each student. Thus the counselling cell renders a positive platform to accomplish both student’s personal and professional goals with greater self awareness, focus, understanding and self esteem. They focus mainly on relationship issues, peer pressure, self-doubt, making choices in various parts of life and choosing the right career path.
Top Science Colleges in West Bengal
Some of the best science colleges in West Bengal is listed out here. You will find the college names with rank right here among the top colleges. So browse through out list and build a path to great career ahead.
- Scottish Church College
- Asutosh College
- Indian Institute of Engineering Science and Technology, Shibpur
- J. D. Birla Institute
*Data gathered from Internet Medias & individual observations.
For more updates and query about top Science Colleges in West Bengal, kindly contact our expert counsellors. We are the best Management counsellors of India and provide all support and service as per your requirement. In case you have doubt regarding making decisions in career planning or want more ideas about Science course admissions or entrance tests tips, kindly visit our website page.